Re: [LI] Config info

>1. When I had used Linux in kernel 1.2 days the text based interface could
>be given a certain font. How is it done now.

slackware still supports it thru "fontconfig"

>2. Where is the documentation for the files in rc.d directory. I see a lot
>of reference to rc.d so i would like to read about it

these files decide what all starts (and shuts down) in different runlevels
and can be modified using ntsysv. also the /etc/inittab is responsible for
transferring the execution sequence to these files.

>3. Which are the important configuration files alternately where can i find
>the info about the important configuration files in Linux.
>
>4. I have the following book Red Hat Linux 6.0 unleashed.

the book is perfect -- but howtos will do you better