Re: [LI] who is a guru?

RAVIKANT K RAO wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, Chetan Gopal Kashinath wrote:
>
> > hello all the gurus there.
>
> yay ; /me feels honored.
>
> > ... maybe all u gurus ( atul, kd, guru, kishore, kalyan, gandalf and all
> > others in the list ) were very busy and might have missed this mail.
>
> <sniff> so I ain't a guru eh? :-(
>
> Just wondering , what does one have to do to get called a 'guru'? I dont
> suppose you want 'em to get RedHat Certification or Debian Certification [
> Is there one ? ] ... because I know many many MCSDs / MCPs who dont quite
> deserve certifications....Extending that to Linux , I dont suppose it is
> too long before Unheardof Computer Centres Generate "Professionals" by the
> minute to receive RedHat certification etc...
>
> If these are all people that were on the list from day one , wouldn't "hey
> oldies in da list!" be more succint ? <grins>
>
> hehe , gotcha! now you're in a lot of mess ;-)
>
> Actually , _I_ would have prolly posted a mail with 'guru' etc too ...
> only i wouldn't have committed names ...

i consider ppl who know which pants they r wearing as gurus ;-) dont take the
literal meaning ( i know u were in ur pyjamas when u were typing this reply ).
and abt being certified as a guru ( by me alone ) u will have to tell me and
the list members abt what u think of the original message and where i went
wrong in my tests. ( i also observe that u r nearly 4 hours ahead of all
others in india. plz change ur system date to the time u hear after a
ding-dong early morning on the radio )

> > now a dumbfounded chetu
>
> and also a chetu in lotsa trouble 'cause i s'pose junta are gonna reply
> saying stuff like " Chetu , you should not call xyz a guru etc " and
> preach to you when you dont want sermons ... I just couldn't resist this
> once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to get ya in the soup though...hehe <grin>
> ;-)

well i almost felt like a fly in the soup ;-) hope u either refused to have
the soup or atleast rescued from getting into ur digestive system and stopped
me from feeling like a fly in the digestive juices ;-)

> > Chetan Gopal K.
> > 7th sem. Computer Science and Engineering,
> > U.V.C.E. Bangalore
>
> woop , I would have prolly been your junior ... 4th semester chemical
> engineering at UVCE , but fate/providence has it that I'm into something
> entirely different , ...

chemical ?? in UVCE ?? u will have to open the dept after ur chemical studies
in our college. i am sure u will be invited to be the chairman of the dept.
once u do that.