[LI] who is a guru?

On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, Chetan Gopal Kashinath wrote:

> hello all the gurus there.

yay ; /me feels honored.

> ... maybe all u gurus ( atul, kd, guru, kishore, kalyan, gandalf and all
> others in the list ) were very busy and might have missed this mail.

<sniff> so I ain't a guru eh? :-(

Just wondering , what does one have to do to get called a 'guru'? I dont
suppose you want 'em to get RedHat Certification or Debian Certification [
Is there one ? ] ... because I know many many MCSDs / MCPs who dont quite
deserve certifications....Extending that to Linux , I dont suppose it is
too long before Unheardof Computer Centres Generate "Professionals" by the
minute to receive RedHat certification etc...

If these are all people that were on the list from day one , wouldn't "hey
oldies in da list!" be more succint ? <grins>

hehe , gotcha! now you're in a lot of mess ;-)

Actually , _I_ would have prolly posted a mail with 'guru' etc too ...
only i wouldn't have committed names ...

> now a dumbfounded chetu

and also a chetu in lotsa trouble 'cause i s'pose junta are gonna reply
saying stuff like " Chetu , you should not call xyz a guru etc " and
preach to you when you dont want sermons ... I just couldn't resist this
once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to get ya in the soup though...hehe <grin>
;-)

> Chetan Gopal K.
> 7th sem. Computer Science and Engineering,
> U.V.C.E. Bangalore

woop , I would have prolly been your junior ... 4th semester chemical
engineering at UVCE , but fate/providence has it that I'm into something
entirely different , ...

----- Unrelated -----

And hey, I noticed that "one" guy , IIRC , Shourya Surcar [ um apologies
for any typos in spellings ] , manages to send email to the list , with no
LI prepended in the Subject Line ... how is that ? And I also remember
that one other person also managed to send a mail with
X-URL:http://www.linux-india.org/ absent in the headers , ... how does one
achieve that ? Are there any specifics that I can look up to get more info
on how to add my own headers etc on different mail clients/MTAs ?

Thanx.

and that was for the guru's only... other's dont bother replying ;-)

hehehehe ;-)

- Ravi.