[LI] Config info

hi
    I have a few questions, if the HOWTO or man page is available for it
please just tell me the name of it.

1. When I had used Linux in kernel 1.2 days the text based interface could
be given a certain font. How
    is it done now.

2. Where is the documentation for the files in rc.d directory. I see a lot
of reference to rc.d so i would like to read about it

3. Which are the important configuration files alternately where can i find
the info about the important configuration files in Linux.

4. I have the following book Red Hat Linux 6.0 unleashed.

regards
Aditya Deshpande