Re: [LI] 3dLabs Permedia...

> correctly, but the VRAM is detected as 512 KB only. What could the problem be?

THAT is the problem. It works, fine. Try a simple DOS solution too
[people,
forgive me], run NDIAGS.exe [if you have any version of norton
utilities]
to check your VRAM. See how much of your VRAM is visible to machine.

> I am unable to get more than 800X600 at 8-bit depth. (There is no problem with
> the card because I have tested the same on a windoze machine and it works
> properly)

I am able to run games in windows even with a FAULTY SiS card here.
While Linux
tells me clearly that 'Boss! there is something wrong there.'... I will
suggest
you give your card and ram a 'comprehensive' check up. I know this
norton's tool.
In Linux I am yet new. Converting slowly... the gurus forgive me and
bless me.