Re: [Re: [LI] A Dial-in server]

Hi!

Well, you need to make very little changes to get it up and runnin.

First make sure that you have "mgetty" installed. To check this just say
"whereis mgetty".
/etc/inittab

In the "run gettys.." section which has entries like -
  6:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty6
Just add another line usin ure fave editor (vi ;) )..
  S1:a:respawn:/sbin/mgetty -s 115200 -D /dev/ttyS1
"/dev/ttyS1" is if you have your modem on "COM2" or use "/dev/ttyS0" if ure
modem is on "COM1".

Now just say "init q" .Now your box is ready. Whenever you want to enable the
dial-in feature just type "init a" as root. This'll put ure modem in "Answer
mode".

As for PPP access , u'll have to do the followin ADDITIONAL stuff-

create a file "/etc/diphosts"
add the followin line to it.

 username:passwd:remote-ip:host-ip:255.255.255.0::PPP,1500

U must first create the user for ppp access.
Here the "remote-ip" and host-ip can be nethin like in the followin example-

 ankit:mypass:192.168.1.2:192.168.1.1:255.255.255.0::PPP,1500

U can add ne no of such ppp users.
Now change the login shell of the user to "/usr/sbin/diplogin"

But remember that this cannot be used to telnet into ure Linux Box.

Thank u
Ankit