Re: [LI] X Configured but in S3 Trio but no mouse.

On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, Karthik DK wrote:

> I was able to configure my X (S3 TRIO card, IBM Machine) but my mouse
> behaves in a crazy manner. It is an IBM PS/2 mouse with 2 buttons and an
> auto-scroll button. anybody, please help.

Set your mouse to Microsoft IntelliMouse (PS/2).

In /etc/X11/XF86Config, make sure the Pointer section is set to:

Section "Pointer"
    Protocol    "IMPS/2"
    Device      "/dev/mouse"
    ZAxisMapping  4 5
    Buttons     3

That makes the scroll roller work, and if pressed, acts as the middle
button.

Atul