Re: [LI] Downgrading pppd & lpd??

> > Correct me if I am wrong. He will get nothing better than 800x600x16 in
> > any case anywhere using any os.
> 800 * 600 * 2bytes(16bits) / 1024 =  937.50 KB

Good maths Atul. Read the NOV PCQ yesterday. Saw some photos. :-D

> Some Yamaha chipsets are supported, some are not. The guy I talked about
> had an unsupported chipset (is supported by te commercial sound drivers
> for Linux, though).

hmm... mine emulates SB PRO in DOS at port=200hex, irq=5 and dma=1.
Do these settings change for Linux? In DOS it works real fine, and
the card IS detecded at startup as yamaha emulating sb pro.. but setup
fails to play sound sample. And suggests change. Pointers?