[LI] Re: your mail

> > > rpm -e gnome (also rpm -e Gnome) gives the message: package not
> installed.
> >

> Dear SKRP,
> 	rpm is buggy (as of v 3.0).. more on this later. So, Ravi's advice is
> sound. I plan to try it myself, being hit by rpm.

Hello! What's all this?

the problem is that the name of the package is _not_ just Gnome/gnome.

to figure out all packages, run "rpm -qa"
grep for gnome if your wish (with the -i option if you want)

you need to give the complete name of the package.(use your mouse to make
life easier).

rpm is _not_ buggy.

now, you know where the bug lies.

--jaju