[LI] Accessing mac partition from linux

Dear friends,

I want to share a success story with you.  Recently an american visited our
institute with a mac laptop.  She has apart from the harddisk on the laptop,
an external scsi harddisk of 1.2gb of quantum make.  She wanted to transfer
a large number of scanned images to her machine from a windows machine to
which the scanner is connected.  I said `no problem,'. Recompiled the kernel
on one of my linux machines that is running on scsi, with hfs (mac
filesystem) and mac partition table option enabled in the kernel, and
connected the mac harddisk to the linux os.  Mounted successfully and did
the file transfer smoothely. (The windows machine connected to the scanner
has smb mounted /home partition, where the scaanned files were stored.)
Windows did the scanning,  Mac had the tiff files, linux connected the two.

Long live linux!  A freindly OS indeed!!

Nagarjuna