Re: [LI] 2 distros, one computer(mukund)

Well the trick lies in partitioning the hard disk.
1. Format the hard disk with dos.
2.  Make a dos partition and load win95. Do not partition the remaining
space.
3. Install any flavor of linux.
4. During installation make multiple ext2 partitions. Swap space can be only
one.
5. Install linux in one partition at /. Log out and start fresh installation
of another flavor.
6. Now install other flavors in other ext2. You will have to choose
different /dev/hdaX for /
7. Now get all the vmlinuz in dos partition. Make batch file to load
different flavors of linux like,
loadlin vmlinuz_in_hda3 root=/dev/hda3.

Lilo can also be used to load all linux flavors but I dont like to fiddle my
mbr

Best Regards,
-mukund
http://members.theglobe.com/betacomp/index.htm