[LI] pcqupdate+SiS6215[Test results]

Hi,
   Atul's mail about pcqupdt made me give the XSVGA server another try. I did an Xconfigurator and selected SiS6215(PC). It added a Chipset line to my XF86Config. I decided to try out the various modes. With 8bit or 16bit color depth, I got only a blank screen. On adding Option "no_bitblt", the 8bit depth worked perfectly, but the 16bit depth
still had a lot of noise. Giving Option "no_accel" was of no help. In 24 bit color depth (I have a 2MB video card), there was no need for disabling bitblit or acceleration and it ran out of the box. I gave extra options
"pci_burst_on" and "fast_vram" and there was still no noise problem
in 24 bit mode. In 16 or 8 bit, you dont see anything without "no_bitblt" and
"pci_burst_on" increases the noise (especially in 16 bit). Now, I
use 800x600 in 24bit color-depth without any problem, but the
16 bit is unusable(except 640x800).
Bye,
--vml,
Model Engg. College,