Re: [LI] Connect to the Net

Hello,

----- Original Message -----
From: RAVIKANT K RAO <ravikant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> RTFM - you want to read the PPP HOWTO to /usr/doc/HOWTO or at
> http://linux-howto.org/

Excuse me Ravikant! But we know first rule is to always RTFM!! And we've
done that ...I checked the kppp help, and my ppp is setup properly. You
don't seem to remotely know what the problem is so I'll tell you......pppd
dies suddenly after connecting to the net and I sent a mail on it already
with the PPP-logfile.

> Before you figure out what PPP is and how it works with KPPP , I would
> suggest you download and install wvdial and/or xisp
I've already done that and when I try to install the rpm package of wvdial
it conflicts with some other package or something called initscripts which
is required by a whole lot of packages which is why I haven't used wvdial.
But I'll check xisp. But AFAIK the problem is with pppd.

> You/We learn to read HOWTO's , manuals , Instructions , READMEs , etc.
Done that! We aren't exactly stupid.

> If you want to be content with checking a few boxes and hitting 'connect
> to vsnl' buttons ,  stick to windows ,... AFAIK win 2 k has neato PPP
> interface , enhanced networking options....the few hours that i've spent
> w/ win 2 k pre release candidate 2 was far more enjoyable than with win
> 98. Stick to it if you're unwilling to read HOWTOs.

Thanks but no thanks.

Jeff