[LI] partition problems

Last day i had the opportunity to help out a friend in setting up Caldera
Open Linux
(roshan -- one more convert), where I had asked that guy to get his 6gb
partitioned
into 2pri, 2 ext, (c and d for windows) and leave the rest as free
unpartitioned space.
I expected it to be that way and tried to use the fdisk (i am not familiar
with this), could
not add a partion since the n comand prompted me with "starting cylynder
[724-724]"
well i was baffled, then i went back and checked the allocated disk space
for Windows
and found the total as just about 4.3 gb.  The bios as well as the setup
util for linux is
detecting the hdd as having 6532MB. Finally at a last try, i checked using
the fdisk for
dos and found that the primary partition was 2gb, the rest was extended and
in the extended
the logical drives were taking up 2.3 gb and the rest was free in the
extended partition. well
I took it out, created a 128mb swap, 1.8gb native and ploughed the
installation along.
Now he too is a proud owner of a linux machine. (george it is u) yea he too
is a member
on the list.