[LI] Re: Windows fonts on Linux

Mr. Indranil Dasgupta writes:

>You are supposed to do what is being adviced on this list so often, but
>rarely paid any heed to -- *search the archives*!!

Search the Archives!!! What an earth-shakingly brilliant suggestion! Now
why didn't I think of that?

Of the 229 messages in the BLUG archive (as of 16 Nov 1999), there is no
subject that cotains the word Fonts or Windows, and a few with the word
Linux. A net search revealed 9.8 million matches for the word "archives".
Perhaps Mr. Indranil Dasgupta would be kind enough to condescend to throw
down a few scraps of assistance to a lowdown Linux newbie and help him
narrow down his search by "advicing" what archives I am supposed to search in?

>Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 21:13:46 +0530 (IST)
>From: Indranil Das Gupta <indradg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: [LI] Windows fonts on Linux
>
>On Tue, 16 Nov 1999, Shivshankar Sastry wrote:
>>
>> In my confusion and excitement as I was doing a first time newbie install
>> of Linux a month ago I vaguely remember a message that seemed to say that I
>> can ship my Windows fonts into Linux and use them
>>
>> I'm not sure if my memory is playing tricks with me, but does this sound
>> feasible? If so what am I supposed to do?
>
>You are supposed to do what is being adviced on this list so often, but
>rarely paid any heed to -- *search the archives*!!
>
>- --Indra.

        Shivshankar Sastry
      cybersurg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/2839