Re: [LI] Choice of Laptop on Linux

On Tue, 16 Nov 1999 skhader@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> You are right about IBM Thinkpad 570 about being RedHat linux Certified,
> but the only thing about IBM that frightens me is it's price tag. ;-(

I do not agree - I have found IBM notebooks to be on par with other
machines similarly configured when it comes to price.

However, I continue recommending IBM notebooks even at the lowest (TP 3xx)
levels - these machines are *born* for Linux. I have never seen an IBM
ThinkPad that doesn't reliably run Linux.

The only thing I have against IBM Thinkpads is the service policy - if my
hard disk or keyboard fails, I can get a replacement from IBM within a
day, but if I want to replace the keyboard bezel that got scratched, there
seems to be no way of getting one out of IBM. :-(

Atul