Re: [LI] Scanner software

>	Does anyone out there know of a scanner controller software for
>linux. I have a HP Scanjet 6200C and want to know if I can use it from
>linux.

<snip> from Hardware-HOWTO

  21.  Scanners

  For scanner support there is the package SANE (Scanner Access Now
  Easy). Information can be found at  <http://www.mostang.com/sane/>. It
  can be downloaded from  <ftp://ftp.mostang.com/pub/sane/>. This is a
  universal scanner interface. It comes complete with documentation and
  several frontends and backends.
<snip>
and also
<snip>
 21.1.  Supported
 HP ScanJet II series SCSI

<ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/apps/graphics/capture/hpscanpbm-0.3a.tar.gz>

  ·  HP ScanJet IIc, IIcx, IIp, 3c, 4c, 4p, 5p, 5pse, plus
     <http://www.tummy.com/xvscan/>
<snip>

I have a HP scanjet 3 scanner (Black and White) but sane does not support
it and says SCSI device not found. could not really figure out why. if you
do then get in touch with me :)
BTW I have the sane tarball. If you are interested mail me.
-vishy