Re: [LI] Switching to Debian

skhader@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hello Rohit,

> well, KDE ships with Debian if you get the complete set i,e, either the Box
> Set or
> the 6 pack linux central CD's. If you just go for the usual 2 CD Stuff, you
> might not
> get KDE.      KDE comes in the Debian Extra CD Stuff.

	U will not find KDE on the official binary CD's or on the debian
official FTP sites as they do not adhere to the, ummm what's the word...
DFSG.
	The official kde deb packages maintained by Debian developers is
available from all kde(?) mirror sites in the distributions directory.

 > And as for the 6 CD Set, it is yet to come. It might be released by
> December End or in the
> First quarter of 2000 ( i.e. for Debian 2.2 ).

	Release in december? I thought it was only a freeze and the release
will be a couple of months later!

--Shanu