Re: [LI] Switching to Debian

Hello there,
well, KDE ships with Debian if you get the complete set i,e, either the Box
Set or
the 6 pack linux central CD's. If you just go for the usual 2 CD Stuff, you
might not
get KDE.      KDE comes in the Debian Extra CD Stuff.
( And I would suggest KDE only if you want that kewl menu and those icons
and all that )
otherwise debian by default comes with around 15 Window managers which give
you a good choice. The only reason I might have to use kde might be for
kppp, but even
that is ruled out as I either use diald or  directly pppd for dialing ( or
rather used to do that at home).
Otherwise I love my fvwm2 on the 1024x768 16-Bit color X. Phew !!

And as for the 6 CD Set, it is yet to come. It might be released by
December End or in the
First quarter of 2000 ( i.e. for Debian 2.2 ).
Regards
     Khader

P.S: Hey Shanu, from now on let's come to an understanding on what to post
before replying
         to the queries on Debian or we might confuse them.    ;-)

Syed Khader Vali                                       skhader@xxxxxxxxxx
Associate Technical Executive             # 91-80-5262355      Extn:2527
IBM Global Services India (P) Ltd.