RE: [LI] PC Quest -> Linux 6.1 etc

i didn't understand your problem properly.
but try this as it may help you.
while partitioning the disk (using fdisk for dos) keep the dos partion
for windows as it is.
remove the extended partion you want to keep for linux partion uing
delete extended partion option.
while installing linux, it will check the disk and recognize the unused
space and it will partion it accodingly.
it means it uses the unpartioned disk space.