[LI] Configuring Printer in Redhat 5.2

Hi all,
    I could not print in linux. I tried configuring the printer in GUI but
it didnot printed ant text nor the printer responded.
    I thought prot must not be working so tested with a DOS bootable floppy
and it worked. so the problem is with configuration of printer or the port
in linux. I could not find out or understood in how-to or man.
    Please help me out to solve this problem as I want to use linux machine
to print my documents in windows thru SAMBA which I have configured and it
shows the Printer Icon in Network Neighbourhood of win98. all the office
machine uses this o/s, but to share a printer I wanted to use Linux.

    Please also tell me, Can I use my HP650C printer with linux, if yes then
how to configure it.

       My machine Configuration :
            486DX4- 100 Mhz, 2.1GB, 1.44 FDD, ISA ethernet (IRQ 10, base
0x240).

TIA
-Nitin