Re: [LI] Switching to Debian

Hello there,
Well, Debian does ship with KDE.
And Regarding Sybase, you can use alien to convert the rpm to deb and then
install it
using Dpkg or dselect ( provided all the dependencies are satisfied ).
Or the best is see if you can get hold of a Debian Package of sybase. ;-)
Actually the latest version of Debian i.e 2.2 ( potato ) comes in 6 CD's (
Hey Shanu You told this to me ;-)
And it depends, you can get the official CD's or the Linux Central CD's  (
I don't think there is any major difference other
than that you get manuals with your official BoX CD ).
But, you never know. I might be wrong. ;-)
Regards
     Khader

Syed Khader Vali                                       skhader@xxxxxxxxxx
Associate Technical Executive             # 91-80-5262355      Extn:2527
IBM Global Services India (P) Ltd.