Re: [LI] [Off-Topic]Programming problem => ODBC or Your own modules

Hi

> I have a web page which needs to querry two DBs,
> A ORACLE db on solaris & M$-Access on a NT workstation.
> The java servlet which runs on solaris, has no problem in accessing ORACLE
> db but no way to connect to Access db...

a)
There are many packages which are trying to give ODBC connectivity in linux
check them out

  www.unixodbc.org -> ODBC for linux
  www.iodbc.org -> ODBC for linux
  http://orcane.net/freeodbc++ -> libODBC++

b) You could also write your own Client Server programs in Linux and Windows to
allow you to share the data available across the platform.

c) Or even a CORBA based solution should be possible (I haven't personaly tried
this, but I can't see anything preventing this, For Windows based CORBA
module I will suggest using Delphi to program).

I would prefer the 2nd solution even thou It may be bit comboursome , depends
how you look at it and what are your priorities.

--
Keep :-)
HanishKVC