[LI] That "Not connecting to Net" thread will never end

Hello,
   This not connecting to the net thread, shall never end. Well I finally
recieved my pcq Nov issue. I installed it and bang, the new kppp does not
work like the old one in pcq rh52. The pppd keeps timing out. I have tried
both pap and chap options and niether of them work. Instead of continueing
this thread and since I don't have tcp/ip access at present (restricted to
student) can anyone whose has succefully setup there net connection using
kppp, who
1) reside in Bangalore
2) Have a VSNL connection
3) Use a simple modem like GV (33.36 rockwell chipset I think).

send me a step by step instruction s on how to connect to the net using
kppp.

    Earlier, Shanu had returned an answer on hdds. How does one ensure
that
hdparm commands are done permanently(or at bootup).