[LI] User transfer from m/c to m/c

Hi Lists,

   If I want to transfer the user ids from one linux machine to other how
do I do that?  If I just tar the home directories, /var/spool/mail and I
create the user ids in the second machine and untar it, I get UID GID
problem.  How do I resolve this?

   My basic goal is to transfer some of the user ids from one machine to
other.

NB:-  The first m/c is running RH 5.2 and the second is 6.1.

TIA
Regards
Ganesh