[LI] RH6.1 install (sigh)

Hi,
 Tried installing RH6.1 last week. The GUI startup was nice and
user-friendly, I selected a no. of packages for install and it
started on its way... after a half-hour or so the install stops
without any error messages. So, I reboot and try a text install. (The expert install asks for a driver disk. What driver?)
Figured out that the earlier problem was lack of space(It did not
report any error to me). The text install failed after selection of
packages( error reported in /usr/bin/anaconda), and started up Pdb.
I tried the text install twice, unsuccesfully (on a 1.3GB partn. this
time, just in case). Went back to GUI install and succeeded. Next:
 SiS6251c with X-3.3.5. Did the Chipset "SiS86C205" in the XF86Config with the SVGA server. X started up, but with a botched up cursor and messed up screen(X used to work beautifully on RH5.2). Got FBDev X server working OK, but slow text inspite of video=vesa:ywrap. Also, if root login has no passwd with shadow disabled(clear the passwd field in /etc/passwd for root), I am not able to login. There is no such problem if shadow is enabled, or another user-name( with UID=0, of course) has empty passwd field (Is this a PAM problem?). Another problem: xevil has been removed from the games section, and no new games :<. The RH5.2 XSVGA server crashes often in RH6.1(library problem?).
Pros? Faster AppFinder in KDE, new themes+backgrounds in Gnome. Bash2?
Bye,
--vml
Model Engg. College, Cochin