[LI] Choice of Laptop on Linux

Hello Folks,
I am supposed to be making a choice on a Laptop which should be running
Linux without many hassles.
I know Raj uses a Dell, Atul an IBM ThinkPad, One of my friends Shiva has
it running on a Compaq Presario.
And I have added two others which are in my list. They are:
1. The SONY VAIO X505XX and
2. The TOSHIBA Satellite CD Blah Blah.
Can you guys suggest me which one to go for Depending on the price, and
other factors ??
And finally, Last but not the least run Linux ( Almost ) effortlessly.
And also the ease with which the laptop is available.
Just checked out that Dell has a good Linux Support. ( Wonder whether they
sell in India Online ?? ;-)
Does anyone know a good vendor of Laptops in Bangalore ( If so, please mail
me personally ).
Awaiting your comments and suggestions.
TIA
Regards
     Khader

P.S: Please ignore this mail if you think it is Off-Topic and sorry in that
case.

Syed Khader Vali
skhader@xxxxxxxxxx
Associate Technical Executive                 # 91-80-5262355
Extn:2527
IBM Global Services India (P) Ltd.