Re: [LI] c compiler

<snip>
>The current directory is never put in the PATH variable by default for
>reasons of security .... I wonder is it correct to add it to the path for
>convenience alone??
<snip>

<snip>
>just set your PATH varaiable to include the Present Working Directory i.e.
<snip>

I think its a good idea to put the PWD at the end of the PATH variable.
Consider the security hole to which someone had refered to earlier.
if say there is a malicious program called ls in your PWD. If you type ls
at the prompt the ls command (i.e /bin/ls) will still be executed as
opposed to the ls (i.e. ./ls) in your PWD. This is because the PWD occurs
later in the path as opposed to /bin and the PATH is searched serially.
cheers
-vishy