Getting the HELP ALREADY in YOUR Linux system itself <Re: [LI] resolution setting>

Hi

Linux and its apps come with documentation in 3 to 4 formats and locations.

1) the "man" pages which you can check using "man command_or_file_in_question"
	ex: man XF86Config,	man man,	etc.

2) the "info" pages the default way of documenting for GNU stuffs if I am not
wrong.
	ex: info gcc,	info libc,	etc.

3) the /usr/doc/ directory

	For beginners the /usr/doc/LDP and /usr/doc/HOWTO should have useful
contents.

4) the files in the package in question.

Say if you have already installed some RPM package and you don't know where
and all the files in it were installed. Also say you don't have the original
package then you can do

	rpm -ql package_name_with_out_version_usually

To see if its actually installed and if installed what are the files that where
installed by them. Rather I would suggest 	"man rpm" or "info rpm"

--
Keep :-)
HanishKVC