[LI] Kernel Panic !!!

I had 3 partitions on my machine (4.3 GB)
2 GB WIndows(/dev/hda1)
128 MB swap(/dev/hda5)
1.8 GB RH 5.2 (/dev/hda6)

I tried installing the PCQ RH 6.1 from the CD. I configured the BIOS to
boot from CD, selected "text" at the boot: prompt and continued. I did
not have to create any new partitions as I already had /dev/hda6
available. I selected GNOME workstation and continued. After the
"formatting / filesystem....", the screen went red and I got a screen
full of error messages beginning with
" Unable to handle Paging request at *****"
and ending with
"Kernel panic : Unable to mount root on 08:32 "

Can anyone please tell me whats going on ???

Please reply ASAP.
Regards
Reporting-MTA: dns; accord-soft.com
Arrival-Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 22:22:19 +0530

Final-Recipient: RFC822; linux-india@lists.linux-india.org
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: DNS; lists.linux-india.org
Last-Attempt-Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 08:30:24 +0530

--- Begin Message ---
I had 3 partitions on my machine (4.3 GB)
2 GB WIndows(/dev/hda1)
128 MB swap(/dev/hda5)
1.8 GB RH 5.2 (/dev/hda6)

I tried installing the PCQ RH 6.1 from the CD. I configured the BIOS to
boot from CD, selected "text" at the boot: prompt and continued. I did
not have to create any new partitions as I already had /dev/hda6
available. I selected GNOME workstation and continued. After the
"formatting / filesystem....", the screen went red and I got a screen
full of error messages beginning with
" Unable to handle Paging request at *****"
and ending with
"Kernel panic : Unable to mount root on 08:32 "

Can anyone please tell me whats going on ???

Please reply ASAP.
Regards

PS: I am not sure of the exact numbers.

--- End Message ---