Re: [LI] Re:

Rohit wrote:

> >     can anyone suggest a suitable agp card and a
> > compatible sound card for linux. please give 2 or 3 names.
>
> I am taking riva-TNT and Yamaha-OPL this Saturday.
> Hey this is really urgent.. Anyone aware of the LG 48x CD drive?
> Being supported in Linux?
> Do tell as soon as possible.
> Rohit

All IDE CDROMs should work fine. Riva TNT is supported , to
my knowledge. Yamaha OPL ISA cards have been troublesome
to me - there are many variants of the chip , it seems. Some
are autodetected and work beautifully, others need some
hard work - tweaking setting , isapnp etc. I had wierd probs
with upgrade from RH5.2 to 6.0 breaking yamaha card support.

I am now using Jaton 4DWave PCI card , based on the
Trident chipset. It works beautifully with ALSA drivers,
but you need timidity for midi. Plus it is PCI too , and just
around Rs700.

Thanks
- Bhyrav Prasad