[LI] Time lapse in X

Now that you mention it, I remember I encountered the same problem with
RH 6.0 installed of the CHIP CD. It was pretty wierd... the whole damned
thing slowed down like crazy, and took about 15 minutes for a complete
boot.

Even more wierd was this: If I resetted the X server during this time
lag phase, using Ctrl+Alt+Bkspace, the server started running just
fine!! Normal login, normal boot... all happened at the speed it was
supposed to!

EVEN more wierd (sigh!): Soon, I had to reset the server twice before it
returned to normal operation!!

After that, I gave up on Linux. Not because of this, I'm not that big a
loser! Its just that my damned VoiceSurfr 56K is a windows only modem
:-(

So, try this yourself, and see if it helps. Then we can sue RH together!

-Anuj

P.S. Page 175, PCQ, November issue. They write about this mailing list
of ours. I quote:

<snip>
For example, if you've a question about setting up of X for a SiS6215c
display card, you can simply go to the archive site and enter '6215' in
the search field blah, blah, blah........
<snip>

One would wonder why they specifically chose the SiS6215c, no???? ;-))