[LI] Re: [TwinCLinG] Reg:N/w card and SiS6215

On Wed, 10 Nov 1999 21:05:44   administrator wrote:
>     I have installed this linux redhat6.0 which came with the chip
>     magazine. everything seems to work well except that i had to use the
>     xf86config.eg file which runs as a vga 16 server i have a sis6215 card

hello there,
Well, then follow the steps below for configuring your X Server for SiS6215 Card.

Fire up Xconfigurator
It will not detect your card. So goto the End of the list and chose the
Unlisted Card in the End.

'X' tremely Important - Do *Not* Probe anywhere during the COnfiguration
Again - Do *Not* Probe anywhere during the COnfiguration.
Either Skip or Do Not probe.
Well Do not let Xconfigurator Probe is what I mean to say.

Then It will ask which Server to use - Choose SVGA.

Then it asks for the monitor make- Choose Custom or whatever your monitor is.

Then it asks for the monitor type - I Chose Non-Interlaced SVGA ( Choose accordingly )

Then it asks the amount of Video RAM - Choose the appropriate one

Then it asks for the resolutions - Choose the ones which you like

And then Press Ok to close Xconfigurator. ;-)

Then

Add the following line to the device section of /etc/XF86Config file:

ChipSet "SIS86C205"

And start your X-Server by issuing the command startx.

And for further info check the archives at

http://lists.linux-india.org               puh-lease.

Hope this helps.

>     I also posted a problem of not able to configure my n/w card which is
>     ne2000 compatible . while booting it says ne.c not found & says it

For help regarding this you need to give us more info.
Like what make the card is. The Details of pnpdump if any ( for ISA and PNP)
And a dump of " cat /proc/pci " if PCI Card.
And it might also help if you knew the Interrupt and port of the Network Card.
Hope that helps.
Regards
            Khader