Re: [LI] RHL 6.1 installation fiasco + KDE bugs and other stuff

> I have found two bugs in KDE
>
> 1) If I do a ctrl-alt-F2 and go to a Linux prompt, shifting back to KDE
> with Alt-F1 is not possible - the GUI is dead, and the process can only be
> killed.

I have installed RH 6.1  from the linux distribution and i have KDE Running
with Netscape and Kget (caitoo now) and Kxicq and Kppp (online) and i just
performaed the said task 3 times and i dont have any problem so this is not a
bug .

> 2) If I open and exit xfm, it will not restart until I exit and restart KDE

do you mean to say KFM ? ya it did some problem when i upgraded from RH 6 but
after a fresh install it' running fine

> Why does my 33.6 modem connect only at "1998" (what the hell is 1998 - last
> year??)  via kppp and produce matching slow downloads????

Linux works on date stamp and you must have changed the system date some time
and that must have changed some date/time stamp so it must be giving problems.
(sincere advice go for a fresh install)..............

--
Anand Singh Bisen
anand.bisen@xxxxxxxxxx

"Everybody is born original ! but why do people die duplicate ? "

                                                        "quoted from a mail in linux-india"