Re: [LI] RHL 6.1 installation fiasco + KDE bugs and other stuff

Shivshankar Sastry wrote:

> Thanks for the responses - it feels good to know that I am not the only one
> with RHL 6.1 install problems - I think I will take the sour grapes
> attitude and stick to 5.2 which seems to be working well. I think PCQ may
> have made the Nov Linux CD in one heck of a hurry - so it's totally unlike
> the March CD which worked like a charm.

what ever done is done there is no point in cribbing over the point, as you
said my system is working like charm with RH 6.1 with SIS 6215, i think this
card will break some
sort of Guiness record as most discussed problem on any list hope so :)

> I have found two bugs in KDE
>
> 1) If I do a ctrl-alt-F2 and go to a Linux prompt, shifting back to KDE
> with Alt-F1 is not possible - the GUI is dead, and the process can only be
> killed.

its not a bug you have to use Alt+F7 instead of Alt-F1 try it

> 2) If I open and exit xfm, it will not restart until I exit and restart KDE

i tried even this its normal , can you eloborate on this

> Why does my 33.6 modem connect only at "1998" (what the hell is 1998 - last
> year??)  via kppp and produce matching slow downloads????

what the value you have given in KPPP->Setup->Device->Connection Speed

hope this helps

thanks and regards
s.goswami