[LI] StarOffice 5.1 Installation Problem

Hi friends,

I got the downloaded version of StarOffice 5.1. It is a tar file. During
uncompressing ( tar -xvf so_sum_51.tar ) it has not given me any error. I tried
installing it on RedHat 6.1.

When I try to install using ./setup in between it gives the following
errors :

An error Occured while unpacking the file libsvx517li.so. There is probably not
enough disk space. <Retry> <Ignore> <Cancel>.

I got the same error message for common.dat file too.

Since Retry does not help, I Ignored the above errors. StarOffice installation
was complete. And now when I run soffice Staroffice desktop loads but the
individual packages Starwrite, StarSpread etc. does not work. If I click on
them in StarOffice Desktop nothing happens.

Since somebody on this list tried StarOffice 5.0 from CHIP CD. I also had a
shot at it. And to my surprise everything went on smoothly. No errors. Also
able to load individual packages. Only annoying thing is the message on
Staroffice startup (This version is not registered ? Do you want to Register ?
). Besides everything is perfect.

What could be wrong in StarOffice 5.1 ? Has somebody faced the above problem ?

Thanks in Advance.

 --
Rajesh Fowkar