From: Rajeev B.S.Rao [mailto:rajeevr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, November 11, 1999 12:38 AM
To: linux-india@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [LI] Not connecting to Net

    In my case, the modem worked fine in win95. The settings were also ok.
The modem dialed. It produced the high pitched (far from musical) hand
shaking noise. However, at the penultimate moment, the modem stops the
noise and hangs up and the message, 'pppd died unexpectedly'. Well, I
don't remember the exact message, but that was what it was like. This
problem got immediately rectified when I "downgraded" (more like
reinstalled) my linux to pcq RH52.