Re: [LI] Not connecting to Net

> jeff and rajeev,
>                                 what i presume is the problem is not with the
> KPPP or the PC Quest distro 6.1 , did you check on the string settings in modem
> for redialing i am unable to recall the particular string where we tell the
> modem to redial after N number of seconds. yeah one more thing is the modem
> working perfectly with win95 if your system does not have win 95 ,check it on
> some other system and see how it behaves if it does in the same way then you
> have to set that string value Atul can you shed some light on this. Because i
> remember in one of the Atuls article in PCquest describing something of this
> sort .
>
> s.goswami

Dear S.Goswami,
    In my case, the modem worked fine in win95. The settings were also ok.
The modem dialed. It produced the high pitched (far from musical) hand
shaking noise. However, at the penultimate moment, the modem stops the
noise and hangs up and the message, 'pppd died unexpectedly'. Well, I
don't remember the exact message, but that was what it was like. This
problem got immediately rectified when I "downgraded" (more like
reinstalled) my linux to pcq RH52.

Dear Everybody,
Speaking of distro specific problems:
My apologies to the list members for bringing this up, but I still havn't
got my pcq nov issue yet (subscriber copy, Bangalore). But perhaps, pcq
should setup (if they already havn't) a webpage detailing solutions for
problems that have been found by users with their latest linux CD.
Possibly list all outstanding issues.. blah blah. Else the same problems
are constantly repeated on the list.

Rajeev