[LI] Re: KDevelop problem

Hello

As far as I can see kdevelop doesn't require VDK libraries. I have kdevelop with
me (I have tried all their versions till Beta3 released one or two months back).

I also checked the dynamic library dependencies (ldd) for kdevelop I didn't find
any mention for VDK libraries.

Leaving that, your problem of unable to create the required link from
the dynamic_library_so_name to the actual_dynamic_library_version seems to
be a permision problem normally /lib and /usr/lib can be written to by only
root. So you have to be root while installing to sytem wide directories.

When getting source packages and installing I would suggest the following
procedure.

  As a NON_ROOT  User compile your application
      For gnu autoconf automake based packages it involves [./configure]
      and [make ]

  Then as ROOT install the application.
      Normaly [make install]

--