Re: [LI] r.h.6.instal

jayarambr wrote:
Using DiskDruid , first delete your 2GB partition which is non-Windows.
Then add, in order, /boot (32 Meg is too big), swap (min 64 Megs) and
the rest as /.
There are gurus who prescribe, and quite intelligently so, that you
should have separate
partions/mounts for /usr/var/home but as a newbie.. go on with just /
containing everything.

That should coast you fine.
If you have messages saying out of disk space, allocate a smaller
quantity to / and check the box saying "Grow to fill ?"

Regards
Shourya

> I have a 4.3 GB HDD/32MB ram, equally partitioned. In one of the
> partitions is Windows95 and other programs.The other partition is
> formatted and defragmented. During installation of Red hat 6.1 from
> CD(PC quest, Nov '99) when I came up to Disk Druid and tried to create
> partitions 32MB swap,32 MB boot and 1GB  /root, a dialog box pops up and
>
> says no sufficient space on drive and enters the changes in red. The
> partitions were created before installation and not by FIPS20 during
> installation. Kindly help me by sending a brief  fool-proof installation
>
> procedure. I refered both  /doc/rhinst on CD and procedure given in PC
> quest/Nov' 99.
> Thanking you
> your's faithfully
> B.R.Jayaram.

All the world's a stage..
And I am acting tonight
Shourya Sarcar 	       <sarcar@xxxxxxxx>  <Tel:91-033-4710477>
Jadavpur University    Calcutta, India 700 032