[LI] SOS

I have Celeron 266, 8 GB HDD, (2 GB for Linux with 120 Swap) RH 6.1 (PCQ).
(Previous experiece only with PCQ RH 5.2.)  S3 Inc 86C362 Trio 3D/2X,
Samtron 428PT/PTL. (btw S3 86C362 is not in the list of supported cards
though 86C357 and 86C365 are supported)

I did a fresh install of RH 6.1 and:

1. It did not ask me where to put Lilo, I remember having that choice in
5.2.
2. It did not prompt me for making bootdisk.
3. I was not prompted to choose which packages to install.
4.Xconfigurator exits with the following message Server does not exist,
can't continue.
   tried t use ../../usr/X11R6/bin/XF86_SVGA
   file X shows that it is a broken link to usr/X11R6/bin/XF86_SVGA
   Even choosing the unlisted card option and then choosing either SVGA or
VGA 16 server gives the same problem.
5. Startx exits with the following message  execve failed for /etc/X11/X
(errno 2)

any help anyone...

Sharukh.