Re: [LI] Mail problem

Manoj,

>Hello linuxers,
>I am re-posting this mail coz i didn't get any replies for it last time.

Did you try out the sendmail.cf modifications that I had suggested a while
back ? (I'm reposting my earlier reply below since I didn't crosscheck if
it really appear on the list and you say you didn't receive any replies
!!). Similar mods did take care of this problem in my case (my problem was
slightly different - in our setup, each user has his own e-mail address not
necessarily with the same domain name)

Also,  Note that even if the mailer used is local, the From: address will
still show the masqueraded address (and not your local domain name). The
only thing that this modification will achieve is that if someone tries to
reply to that message, Ruleset 0 will first convert this address back to
its unmasqueraded form, and choose the "local" mailer instead of sending it
out into the net.

Kala

********************************
My previous posting dated 15th October
Try tweaking Ruleset 0 which is applied to all recipient addresses before
deciding on the mailer to use. All the customization I've done in
configuring sendmail is directly on the sendmail.cf file - and so I am not
sure what changes are involved in the .m4 files for this. If you don't mind
editing the .cf files, the following should work.

Add these as the first lines in Ruleset 0 in sendmail.cf (Line immediately
below the line that says "S0")
R$+ <@realdomain.com>$*	$1 < @ localdomain . com .> $2
R$+ <@realdomain.com.>$*	$1 < @ localdomain . com .> $2
Note that the separator between the Left hand side & the right hand side of
the rule is a TAB character - not spaces. (The RHS starts with $1 in both
the above lines)
To check if your change is working, run sendmail with the -bt option and at
the ">" prompt type in
3,0 xyz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You should get back the result
rewrite: ruleset 0 returns $# local $: xyz

Note : Atul had suggested using Linuxconf to setup sendmail. Linuxconf has
this habit of rewriting the sendmail.cf file on startup if it finds it
changed (Wiping out all the changes you made). So in case you're using the
sendmail module of Linuxconf, follow instructions given as comments at the
top of the sendmail.cf that it created. (i.e copying it to some other
directory - I think /etc/mail/mailconf -and modifying it there only.)

Kala