[LI] Manjunathan cries for HELP in configuring AGP card : Trident 3DImage975

Hello Chetan,

My name is Manjunathan Padua, from BMS College of
Engg, Comp Sc.
I met you in IT.COM and I mentioned you about the
problems I had in configuring my AGP card.
For this, you mentioned to me that LINUX 6.1 version
recognises all types of AGP cards.
So I bought a PCQ CD and I installed the latest
version of Linux i.e 6.1
But this again did not solve my problem with the AGP
card.

Below given is the configuration of my PC

My vga card is a AGP card , whose configuration is

    Trident 3DImage975 with TV out
    with 4MB VRAM

My Monitor is 15" LG Studioworks (with Multimedia)

    Horisync is 30-64Khz

    Vertsync is 50-120Hz

My CPU is Celeron with 32MB SDRAM
    4.1 GB HDD
    Creative AWE64 sound card
    USRobotics 33.6kbps External modem

Now my problem is that, During installation linux
automatically recognises my AGP card but when I start
the Xwindows by typing startx in the shell terminal,
the startup screen comes up, then it shows the status
bar of Enlightment window  increasing from 0% and
reaching 100%. Then the screen goes blank with
sometimes
stripped lines in the screen or with background color.
and then the system crashes.

Please help me in configuring the XF86Config file for
my AGP
(i.e Trident 3DImage975) .

If possible please give your phone number so that I
could call you
and explain the problem indetail.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Manjunathan