Re: [LI] [binand@bombay.retortsoft.com: Problems with dual boot]

> I opened my PC, disconnected the IDE disk, and then booted from Windows 98
> floppy, and did another fdisk /mbr. Thus, fortunately, I could have both
> OSes without reinstalling either.
>
> But my problem remains - how do I achieve dual boot in this scenario?

Try Boot Magic from Power Quest. It should work because Boot Magic scans all
HDDs and their partitions on your computer and it works from Win9x, so it
should recognize your SCSI HDD too. If the boot record on your Linux
partition is OK, Boot Magic will give you option to add Linux on the boot
menu.
I would suggest that in the BIOS you make your HDD with Win98 first boot
drive. Boot Magic will load from MBR of that drive and display a menu where
you can select the OS you want to boot. Let me know if this works.

Dina-natha Das.