Re: [LI] Virus warning after installation > Pls help

> Questions
> *********
>     1.    What could be the possible causes for it ..

It seems like that you installed LILO onto your MBR and your BIOS Virus
detector doesn't like it.You can use virus scanner to see if it is really a
virus, and if it isn't than disable virus scanner in the CMOS settings.

>     2.    Will doing a fdisk /mbr help

Probably, but you will loose LILO and you may have to boot Linux from
floppy, or you may not be able to boot it at all.

>     3.    Is there anything equivalent to cin linux

Good question. I don't think that there is something equivalent (although
there may be) because Linux uses different file system and therefore it is
logical that fdisk /mbr would work only with Fat16/32. There may be such
command for Linux file system, which would work only if you format your
whole drive to use Linux file system.

>     4.    Will reconfiguring LILO help

Boot Magic could help, because it is BIOS friendly and installs itself on
the MBR and gives you opportunity to select what OSes you want to boot. If
you have installed LILO onto boot record of the Linux partition instead of
MBR and later used Boot Magic you would not have this problem.

Dina-natha Das.