[LI] Virus warning after installation > Pls help

Hi guys

I installed RedHat 6.1 from the November PCQ cd .. However after the
install when i tried to restart the computer it started giving me a
Virus warning

The exact message is this
"Trident ChipAwayVirus has detected a boot virus on your hardisk"

Prior to this installation i had SuSE 6.0 running happily on the system
with a idle dos partition which i used for some archiving purposes from
Linux only .It has been ages since i have booted into DOS and on top of
that I havent installed Windows95 .This is the first time this warning
is getting flashed from the bios

Questions
*********
    1.    What could be the possible causes for it ..
    2.    Will doing a fdisk /mbr help
    3.    Is there anything equivalent to fdisk /mbr in linux
    4.    Will reconfiguring LILO help

These are just a novice guesses . Gurus please advise
Thanx for u r time and help
Bye
Anand