[LI] xwindows not starting

hi ,
I am unable to open xwindows using the startx command on my RH5.2
The following errors were reported :
Fatal Server error:
Cannot open mouse (Device or resource busy)
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect : can't connect : erno =111 giving up
xinit : connection refused (erno 111) : unable to connect to xserver
xinit : No such process(erno 3) : Server error

Please help. Since I am unable to start xwindows I could work on my network problem.
Thanks
Rahul