Re: [LI] networking problem(NETMASK?)

--

On Tue, 02 Nov 1999 14:13:51   s.goswami wrote:

>> rahul nanda forced the electrons to say:
>> > NE*000 ethercard probe 0x300 00 80 48 fc e6 58
>> > eth0 : NE2000 found at 0x300, using IRQ 3
>>
>> I think there is an IRQ clash.  IRQ 3 is usually reserved for the serial
>> port. Set it as 10 or 12 instead.
>
>i have seen some old ISA cards which works only on IRQ 3 here we used to

I changed the irq ,but using /etc/rc.d/init.d/network restart gives the following error :
route:netmask doesn't match route address
SIOCADDRT:Invalid configuration
SIOCADDRT:Network is unreachable
SIOCADDRT:Network is unreachable
I think that the error report that netmask doesn't match route address holds the key.
But what is meant by NETMASK? And how do I know the correct netmask? Please guide me.
Rahul