[LI] CD R/W driver for Linux!

Studs,
I have a proposition here to consider. I have planned to install Win NT
4
and Linux on my HDD.
A friend is bringing in a CD r/w drive for me from vilayat. Abhi usko
chalane ka problem hain. There are two models. One is from HP. Another
is
from Philips ya Soni [the info was incomplete]. Both come with a USB
port.
Ab samasya ye hain ki HP wala says it is incompatible with NT. Is there
support for HP CD r/w in Linux. The make/number fo the drive is as
follows..

HP CD writer Plus M820e.

Me no net-access from here. So, those who have had some experience, can
they please
spare a moment to let me know if there are drivers for the same
available on Linux?
Links, Titles, PCD/Chip CDs etc?

Guys do help. It is urgent. Treat assured. :-)

Rohit