Re: [LI] Mail Digest Confusion ...

Hi,

Sekhar. V typed:
> I have recently subscibred to DIGEST mode delivery of mail from ILUG
> mailing list(s). But the probelm is, now I'm not able to directly reply to a
> mail message. When I use the <reply> button in kmail, the whole message
> (digest of all the mails) gets appeded in the reply mail. And the subject
> will be  <Re: Linux India Digest V1 #123>. Right now I am cutting all the
> mail included,

Another option (which I use) is to use procmail/formail to split up the digest
into multiple messages and store it in a file. Assuming you don't already have
a .procmailrc file, create one in your home directory, and put the following in it:

:0
* ^TO.*lists.linux-india.org
| formail +1 -A "Reply-To: linux-india@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" -ds >> li

This takes all messages from lists.linux-india.org, and pipes it to formail.
The +1 option deletes the first sub-message in the digest, which is always the
index of messages. The -A option adds the Reply-To header to each message. And
li is the name of the mbox folder to which the messages which will be written.

Of course, this won't work if you check your mail from kmail directly through
pop, you'd have to use fetchmail or something similar which puts messages into
your mailbox, and procmail has to be the mail delivery agent..